California Roads are in Terrible Condition
We need to do something about our transportation infrastructure. Everyone agrees. The current state of roads and other infrastructure is bad for the environment, steals from every driver’s wallet, and slows down our economy – literally.
California’s Democrats have a plan to fix it. The key points are:
- Fix it First. Let’s take care of what we have.
- Local roads, local jobs. Half of all repairs will take place on city and county roads.
- No Debt. Pay as you go.
- No robbing Peter to pay Paul. Users fund the benefits they enjoy.
- Good for the environment. Less idling in traffic, more active transportation.
- Accountability. New watchdogs for transportation money.